We want to provide the highest quality care for your horse, so we maintain the following wellness requirements for all the horses at our facility. Our wellness requirements are listed below for adult horses which have been previously vaccinated. Requirements for foals, broodmares, and stallions may vary.
Vaccinations must be done by a licensed Veterinarian. Other services must be provided by competent professionals.
- Tetanus Vaccination – Annual – Spring - REQUIRED
- Eastern / Western Equine Encephalomyelitis (EEE/WEE) Vaccination – Annual - Spring - REQUIRED
- West Nile Virus (WNV) Vaccination – Annual - Spring - REQUIRED
- Rabies Vaccination – Annual – Spring or Fall - REQUIRED
- Equine Herpesvirus (EHV) Vaccination – Semi-Annual – Spring & Fall - REQUIRED
- Influenza Vaccination – Semi-Annual – Spring & Fall - REQUIRED
- Negative Coggins Test (EIA) – Annual - REQUIRED
- De-Worming – One of the 2 following options - REQUIRED
1) Wormer administered every 3 months, or
2) Wormer administered every 6 months AND a Strongid administered daily, year round.
- Dental Exam and Advised Treatment – Annual - REQUIRED
- Hoof Trimming – Average Every 7 to 9 Weeks - REQUIRED
- Physical Exam - Annual – RECOMMENDED
- Sheath or Udder Cleaning – Annual – RECOMMENDED
Updated: May 20, 2008